Strange Oval torsion bars have been winning races since 2008. We’re one of racings best kept secrets.
- Available in solid bar equivalent rates of 900, 925, 950 & 975 in 29″ length
- Aircraft chrome vanadium steel offers superior yield strength, fatigue properties, and impact toughness
- Longest effective bar length in the industry, decreasing strain for improved longevity
- Vertical rack heat-treating controls distortion
- CNC hobbed serration splines insures precise and consistent fit
- Generous transition fillet radii essential to reduction of stress risers
- Lightweight gun-drilled design
- Additional attention directed to non-aggressive machining to impart a minimum amount of residual tensile stress
- Shot peening provides increased torsional and bending fatigue life with the application of residual compressive stress
- Laser etched part number on torsion bar od gives the relationship to a common solid bar of the equivalent rate
- Common solid bar number of equivalent rate also engraved onto the end of strange torsion bar for easy identification
Torsion Bars should be installed so that they always twist in the same direction. The bars retain a memory of the direction they are twisting, if they are twisted in the opposite direction the spring rate will be compromised and the bar could fracture. For this reason its always a good idea to mark the torsion bars to ensure they are used in the correct corner of the car.