Strange Oval torsion bars have been winning races since 2008. We’re one of racings best kept secrets.
- Available in solid bar equivalent rates of 900, 925, 950 in 29″ length
- Aircraft chrome vanadium steel offers superior yield strength, fatigue properties, and impact toughness
- Vertical rack heat-treating controls distortion
- CNC hobbed serration splines insures precise and consistent fit
- Additional attention directed to non-aggressive machining to impart a minimum amount of residual tensile stress
- Shot peening provides increased torsional and bending fatigue life with the application of residual compressive stress
Torsion Bars should be installed so that they always twist in the same direction. The bars retain a memory of the direction they are twisting, if they are twisted in the opposite direction the spring rate will be compromised and the bar could fracture. For this reason its always a good idea to mark the torsion bars to ensure they are used in the correct corner of the car.